Friday, May 30, 2014

4 Months


Liam is four months (four and half really, I'm just posting a bit late)! To say that being this little boys mom is the best thing I've ever done is an understatement. A huge one. He is an absolute joy and I have so much love for him that my heart often feels like it may burst. It is amazing, the love a mother has for her child. Powerful, overwhelming and simply amazing. I feel so incredibly lucky.

Liam is so much fun and is growing and changing every day. He's weighing in at 14lbs 6ozs and is 26 inches long. Earlier this week he rolled from his stomach to his back for the very first time and the look on his face was priceless. He looked completely surprised. He even rolled over for the doctor at his appointment today. Impressive little guy. It's a rare moment when he doesn't have something in his mouth. Whether it's a toy, his hand or mom's hair (why do I have long hair?) he likes it all. He's quick to smile and laughs out loud when people say or do things he thinks are funny. He loves to be read to and loves when dad reads Green Eggs and Ham to him. He loves to be held close and pretty patiently lets me kiss his face every second of every day (his cheeks are too irresistible). He is a pro at bathing and at tummy time now and he plays with his toys like a champ (though mom and dad are still his most favorite toys). He now hates the swing that we used to rely on for his morning nap and is still a champion cat napper and a terrible sleeper at night (we're up every two to three hours). Liam loves the wind and air in his face and he loves playing peek a boo with a blanket. He loves music and loves to be sung to. Basically, it's impossible not to be completely head over heels in love with this kid.

It's also impossible for me not to be completely head over heels in love with his dad. Brandon turned 29 on the 21st and though I wish I'd had more time to make it special we celebrated with breakfast and then Brandon had a membership audit that night at the ward (we party hard, obviously). We did also celebrate with Mongolian BBQ with his parents and a yummy home cooked meal (my mom's lasagna-his favorite) with my family that weekend.


So crazy to think that he'll be 30 next year and graduating from the U and Liam will be talking and walking... So lucky to have these two boys in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment