Monday, June 29, 2009

Last week we took a much needed trip down to Bryce Canyon for the Nixon family reunion! (That's Brandon's Grandma's family...? -I'm still not quite sure.) It was a reunion to end all reunions! & I mean literally because apparently this is the last year the Nixon's will have a formal reunion, so we had to go out with a bang! After Brandon & I paid our bribe (an apple fritter & a glaze doughnut to the part time manager at the storage units we live/work at) we started our journey with our itouches fully charged and cinnamon rolls on hand...


One viewing of The Day the Earth Stood Still, 1 beef jerky sells man, 2 pit stops and 4 hours & 13 minutes later we had arrived!


& thanks to my new camera took some pretty nice photos of our fun trip!



Well some nice pictures of the scenery at least. Brandon was just not having the photo taking this particular weekend. Hence the goofy face two photos up...



& the angelic look in the restaurant...


Finally I just asked him to just smile for me because he loves me... This photo above is what we got... yeah... this is our love in a nutshell. makes me laugh every time I look at it. :)

Then i threw him in jail for being so blatantly un-photogenic!

So he threw me in jail for being way to concerned about our bloggability (yes, I was guilty).

Brandon & I decided to rent bikes one day and go mountain biking where we found this really cool tree half burnt but saved for the benefit of the wildlife. totally green and earthy, I loved it. Peace and trees baby, peace & trees.*



The bike path led us to this awesome view!



& we saw lots of "cantaloupes" (as my cute nieces & little cousin in laws would call them)


Speaking of cute nieces & cousins...

There's a few of them!

I found these girls hanging on the fence yelling at the top of their lungs trying to scare the "canatloupe" that were eating in the field. Adorable. Those cantaloupe were fearless.


Here's a few more gems from the trip...

cute kiddos!

as you can see things got a little wild! But as the saying goes what happens in Bryce, stays in Bryce... yeah?

& I'm loving the blond hair with brown bangs! it's a look that would make Cruela Di Vil green with envy!

two of my favorite guys!
all in all it was such a fantastic trip. filled with swimming, memorable talent shows, countless mafia games, a capture the flag game that just screams rematch, over priced in room movie rentals, family, diet coke, ice cream and absolutely beautiful scenery.
it just couldn't have been better.
*yes I sometimes do make rediculous comments that seriously so blessed would just love to make fun of.... & i would be honored.

2 comments:

  1. Just to clarify, the Nixon Reunions will continue on. Next year the Sam and Dorothy Free family will begin having reunions and some of us may stop going to the Nixon Reunion.

    ReplyDelete